How To Determine Your Body Type?
Hello everyone! In this Post, I’ll Tell You How To Take Your Measurements. Today we will talk about how to analyze your body and understand your own body shape, and how to dress to flatter your body proportion. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to take accurate body measurements and determine your body type. Your body shape is based on 4 main measurements: Shoulders, Chest, Waist and Hips and there are different types of body shapes: Inverted Triangle, Pear Shaped, an Hour Glass, Apple Shaped. Watch this video and know what’s your body shape?
How To Take Your Measurements?
To determine your body silhouette simply stand in front of a full-length mirror. Wearing an all black body-hugging attire. You can also wear all white, just make sure you use the same color top and bottom. Observe your overall body shape, Focus on the shape of your torso which is from your shoulders to hips. I have shared here all of the things for How To Take Your Measurements.
How do your shoulders compare to your waistline and your hips? Is your weight equally distributed? You can take a picture of your full body from the front and the side, and then draw with a pen the outline of your body on the picture. Alternatively, If you have difficulty visualizing your body’s contours, take measurements. Using a measuring tape and use those to determine which areas of your body are the widest and thinnest. Start with your shoulder and bust, which will help you determine how large your upper body is.
TO MEASURE YOUR SHOULDER
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror with your back straight and your shoulder relaxed.
- Extend the tape measure from the outer edge of one shoulder to the outer edge of the other.
- Keep the tape parallel to the floor.
- Look at the number in the mirror or carefully bend your head to look at it without changing your posture.
- Mark the number down with pencil and paper.
TO MEASURE YOUR BUST
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest. Keep the tape parallel to the floor.
- Stick a thumb beneath the tape to prevent yourself from pulling it too tight.
- Bring the ends of the tape together in the center front of your body.
- Look in the mirror to read the number of inches, or carefully look down at the number.
- Without moving the tape measure or adjusting your posture.
TO MEASURE YOUR WAIST
This is the second of your basic measurements, and often helps in determining how wide your midsection.
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror. Find the narrowest part of your waist, known as the “natural waist”.
- Slowly bend to your right or left while looking in the mirror.
- The area where your side creases as you bend, usually located directly beneath your ribcage is the point to place the tape measure.
- Wrap the measuring tape around your natural waist. Keep the tape parallel to the floor.
- Do not “suck in” or hold your breath.
- Keep your back and stomach relaxed.
- Stick a thumb beneath the tape measure to prevent yourself from pulling it too tight.
- Bring the tape together in your center front.
- Read the measurement by looking at the number in the mirror, or by carefully tilting your head down without changing your posture.
TO MEASURE YOUR HIP
Your hip measurement is the fourth and final basic you need. Knowing your hip measurement helps in determining how large or small your lower body is.
- Stand in front of a full-length mirror with your feet close together.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the widest part of your hips, this is usually the area where your hip bones are located.
- Keep the tape measure parallel to the floor.
- Stick your thumb beneath the tape to prevent yourself from pulling it too tight.
- Bring the ends of the tape together in front of you.
- Read the measurements in the mirror, or look down at the number, without loosening your grip.
Now when you have all your measurements ready follow these guidelines to determine your body shape. If your shoulders are wider than your waistline and hipline, you are an inverted triangle. Similarly, If your hips are wider than shoulder and waistline, you are a triangle or pear shape. If your hips & shoulders are the same or similar width & waistline is relatively smaller, you are an hourglass.
If your hips and shoulders are fairly proportioned, you have a rounded tummy and you put on weight proportionately, you are a figure 8. your shoulder is comparatively smaller and your legs are thinner Yet you think you have a slightly rounded tummy. Then you are an oval shaped body often known as the apple shape.
Every body type is beautiful, whichever category you fall under! Just take a look in the mirror and see what you love about yourself. You might have shapely legs as an oval body, a tiny waist as an hourglass, athletic shoulders. As a rectangle or inverted triangle Enhance your favorite part of your body through the dressing. I think this post helps you- How To Take Your Measurements.
So this is the today’s “How To Take Your Measurements | How To Determine Your Body Type” Post if you love this then like and share with your friends and family.
Do comment below and tell me about this Post if u like it and also don’t forget to LIKE,& SHARE!