Beer for Hair: Washing your hair with beer is an old home remedy that is becoming increasingly popular today. The application as a beer rinse or hair treatment and hair mask is very easy with our instructions!
Beer for Hair:
The well-known hop drink is not only a popular drink worldwide, it is also a great home remedy for hair and skin. Beer contains many important minerals, vitamins, and other essential nutrients.
- That promotes healthy hair growth,
- Help repair broken hair,
- Fight dandruff and heal itchy scalp,
- Normalize oily hair and scalp,
- And add volume and shine.
The potential uses and effects are very diverse: as a hair conditioner, shampoo, hair conditioner, or replacement for hair treatment. Here’s how you can take care of your hair with beer:
Beer rinse for hair
This simple home remedy for healthy hair increases hair volume and gives it a silky shine. Especially oily hair and hair with split ends can be improved with this application.
- Dilute beer 1: 1 with water. If you like, you can add some apple cider vinegar to mask the smell of beer.
- After shampooing, massage this mixture into your hair and scalp.
- Let it work for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- If you don’t like the smell of beer, you can also use a mild shampoo to rinse out.
- Alternatively, the beer can stay in the hair and air dry.
The beer rinse should be used once a week for best results.
Hair mask with beer
Beer is brewed from malt and hops. It contains important proteins that help to strengthen the hair and restore the natural shine of brittle or dull hair. Dandruff on the scalp is prevented by the beer proteins and nutrients.
The application and preparation of beer as a natural hair mask is very simple:
- Massage regular or non-alcoholic beer into your hair. Don’t forget the scalp.
- Alternatively, mix beer with an egg yolk and a dash of olive oil to form a paste and spread it on your hair.
- After an hour, wash out the beer with plain water without shampoo.
Use this hair care product once a week for optimal shine and volume.
Beer as a hair setting agent
A completely natural hair conditioner that cares for the hair and contains no harmful chemicals: enough arguments to try beer for your hair! The proteins in beer bind to damaged, fine or thin hair and thus provide more shine and volume.
A spray bottle is used to spray alcohol-free, dark beer onto your hair. The typical beer smell evaporates after drying.
Beer for hair: hair treatment for shine and volume
The ingredients for this home remedy:
- 150 ml of beer,
- 150 ml honey,
Use and preparation:
- Mix the beer and honey carefully with the mixer.
- Wash your hair and dry it lightly.
- Massage the self-made hair treatment made of beer and honey into your hair and scalp.
- Cover the hair with cling film and wrap a terry towel over it.
- After half an hour, wash out the self-made hair treatment with warm water without shampoo. Dry with a towel and ideally let the hair air dry.
Make your own hair shampoo with beer
Another use of beer for hair is as a natural shampoo additive. With these instructions you can make your own beer shampoo yourself :
- Reduce a liter of beer in a saucepan over medium heat to a quarter of its original volume.
- After cooling, mix the beer concentrate with about the same amount of shampoo. If you want the consistency of normal shampoo, use more shampoo.
- Use the beer shampoo daily for normal hair washing.
Alternatively, you can buy shampoo with a beer in stores.